Authorities say a Waterloo woman was taken to UnityPoint Health-Allen hospital with minor burns after a fire at her home in the 400 block of Courtland Street, last(Tues) night.
Firetrucks were dispatched to the house a little before 10 p.m. and firefighters say flames were coming through some windows as they arrived. The woman already had escaped.
She reported that a space heater had caught some bedding and other items on fire in her room on the ground floor.
Her name hasn’t been released, but the house is owned by Cindy Peterson.
This was the second major house fire in Waterloo in two days; Wednesday afternoon Fire-Rescue crews knocked down a blaze in a duplex on the 300 block of Allen Street. No one was hurt in that fire.